The R Consortium is excited to announce the opening of our call for proposals for the 2024 Infrastructure Steering Committee (ISC) Grant Program on March 1st, 2024. This initiative is a cornerstone of our commitment to bolstering and enhancing the R Ecosystem. We fund projects contributing to the R community’s technical and social infrastructures.
Submit your proposal here!
Enhancing the R Ecosystem: Technical and Social Infrastructures
Our past funding endeavors have spanned a variety of projects, illustrating our dedication to comprehensive ecosystem support:
- Technical Infrastructure: Examples include R-hub, a centralized tool for R package checking, enhancements in popular packages like mapview and sf, and ongoing infrastructural development for R on Windows and macOS.
- Social Infrastructure: Initiatives such as SatRDays, which facilitates local R conferences, and projects for data-driven tracking of R Consortium activities.
Focused Funding Areas
The ISC is particularly interested in projects that align with technical or software development that aids social infrastructure. It’s important to note that conferences, training sessions, and user groups are supported through the RUGS program, not the ISC grants.
Ideal ISC Projects
We look for proposals that:
- Have a broad impact on the R community.
- Possess a clear, focused scope. Larger projects should be broken down into manageable stages.
- Represent low-to-medium risk and reward. High-risk, high-reward projects are generally not within our funding scope.
Projects unlikely to receive funding are those that:
- Only impact a small segment of the R community.
- Seek sponsorship for conferences, workshops, or meetups.
- Are highly exploratory.
- First Grant Cycle: Opens March 1, 2024, and closes April 1, 2024.
- Second Grant Cycle: Opens September 1, 2024, and closes October 1, 2024.
You can learn more about submitting a proposal here.
We eagerly await your proposals and are excited to see how your ideas will propel the R community forward. Let’s build R together!