The primary mission of the R Consortium is to develop and implement infrastructure projects to support the R community. As a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, the R Community embraces principles of openness and collaboration.
The business of the foundation is managed by it’s Board of Directors:
- Richard Pugh, Mango Solutions
- Louis Bajuk-Yorgan, Tibco (Chair)
- Joseph Rickert, R Studio
- Robert Gentleman, R Foundation
- David Smith, Microsoft
- Chris Mentzel, Moore Foundation
- Dinesh Nirmal, IBM
- Hadley Wickham, ISC Representative
An Infrastructure Steering Committee (ISC) is responsible for the identification, selection and oversight of infrastructure projects. Representatives from the Platinum and Gold members will comprise the initial members of the Infrastructure Steering Committee. As the committee identifies top level projects, the leads of those projects will join the committee as voting members. Anyone interested in supporting the R language and community can submit infrastructure ideas to the Infrastructure Steering Committee and, through contributions to a top-level infrastructure project, become a voting member of the Infrastructure Steering Committee.
The current members of the ISC are:
- Hadley Wickham, RStudio (Chair).
- Andri de Vries, Microsoft.
- Chris Mentzel, Moore Foundation.
- Stephen Kaluzny, TIBCO.
- Luke Tierney, University of Iowa.
- Frederick Reiss, IBM.
- Dirk Eddelbuettel, Ketchum Trading.
- Gábor Csárdi, R Hub Project
- Joseph Rickert, R User Group Support Program