Welcome to RC RUGS, the R Consortium R User Group Support Program. Because we at the R Consortium fervently believe that nothing is more effective than face-to-face meetings for people to learn about each other, to learn from each other, and to set and accomplish common goals, we value R User Groups as a great strength of the R Community. We intend to do all that we can to encourage, promote and support R user groups throughout the world. As a first step, we are establishing the RC RUGS program.
The RC RUGS program provides financial support for R User Groups based on their size and the frequency with which they meet. For new and small user groups we have established “vector” level support that provides a grant of $150 per year. For larger groups which have a track record of having hosted at least 3 meetings during the last 6 month period with at least 50 people attending, there is a “matrix” level of support which provides $500 in cash. And, for still larger R user groups that have had somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 people attending each of 3 meetings in the most recent 6 month period, we have the $1,000 ‘array” level of support.
|Level||Amount of Annual Grant||Minimum number of meetings in 6 month period prior to applying for support||Minimum number of people attending each meeting|
To participate in the RC RUGS program a user group must meet the following criteria. The group must:
- Have R as a primary focus
- Adhere to the code of conduct published on the R Consortium website.
- Have a public website that provides information about meetings and the number of people attending each meeting. (We recommend establishing an account with meetup.com but the use of that site is not a requirement.)
- Acknowledge the R Consortium as a sponsor and display the R Consortium logo on the group’s website
- Agree to have its organizers group send one email per quarter to all of its members containing a message from the R Consortium.
How to Apply to the RC RUGS Program
To apply to the RC RUGS program for 2016 / 2017 please complete the following form.
Note that R user groups may apply to the program once each application period. The application period for the 2016 / 2017 program opens on November 1, 2016 and closes on September 30, 2017.
After you Apply
Upon being accepted into the RC RUGS program the primary group organizer will be notified by email and a check for the approved level of support will be mailed to the organizer’s mailing address.