ISC working groups provide the mechanism through which the ISC can explore, fund, and manage large collaborative projects. There are primary two modes of collaboration that may make a proposal well suited to be a WG:
- The advice or collaboration of subject matter experts is required to decide the merit or feasibility of a project.
- The work required for the project requires the skills not possessed by a single individual, or the amount of work required is more than can be accomplished by a single person in a reasonable amount of time.
Benefits of Forming an ISC Working Group
Your project will be:
- Vetted by the relevant experts
- Sanctioned by the R Consortium
- Receive the attention of the R Foundation
- Become visible to the greater R Community
- Administrative support from the R Consortium
Active Working Groups
Census: Is developing package recommendations, and other materials for working with census data.
R Certification: Is working to establish a common certification program for proficiency in R.
R Validation Hub: Working to devise a standard for validating packages for the regulated Pharmaceutical industry and create a online repository that will be free to use.